We are providing regular updates to the Community Announcements regarding COVID-19 and other important information – please scroll down to read and find information that could impact you and your loved ones during this time. Let us know if you have any information that you would like us to post or share here. (To add something here – please email or call Zev Radziwill – contact information on sidebar)
Friday – March 20, 2020
People’s Center Clinics & Services (PCCS) Update:
New Hours & Important Information
We have shifted our clinic hours to help us better serve the needs of our patients and accommodate the changes we need to make to clinic operations to address COVID-19 response. Hour are:
Monday: 8:00 – 5:00
Tuesday: 8:00 – 8:00
Wednesday: 8:00 – 8:00
Thursday: 8:00 – 5:00
Friday: 8:00 – 5:00
Saturday: 9:00 – 5:00
- Patients will be greeted in the atrium by a People’s Center team member and from there will be directed to one of two entrances to the clinic. We are doing this to prevent exposure and possible contact to COVID-19.
- For now, we are contacting patients and rescheduling appointments if there is not an urgent need for them to be seen.
- We are offering drive-up services for patients.
- Our dental clinic located on Minnehaha is closed for now. We are able to see patients for emergency dental needs in our Cedar-Riverside location.
- We are offering tele-health for behavioral health appointment so we are able to continue providing care.
- The Wellness Hub is closed and staff that are not needed for clinic services are working remotely but are available by phone. Please do not hesitate to call me at (816) 668-6992 if you have any questions.
- We are encouraging patients to call us at (612) 332-4973 if you are experiencing symptoms.
Lastly, as with all of you, we are weathering these challenging times and are committed to the community’s health and wellbeing. We are actively working with community partners, city, state and federal governments to find information and resources to share with the community.
I will share further updates as I get them. Happy sunny Friday to all of you and stay well!
Chief Advancement Officer
People’s Center Clinics & Services (PCCS)
Wednesday – March 18, 2020
COVID-19 Pandemic Update:
What Virus Symptoms Look Like, Day by Day – Watch to Learn More
After being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19, it can take as few as two and as many as 14 days for symptoms to develop. Cases range from mild to critical. The average timeline from the first symptom to recovery is about 17 days, but some cases are fatal. This video shares what it looks like to develop COVID-19, day by day.
(Video published March 18, 2020 – and is accurate data as of this date)
Monday – March 16, 2020
COVID-19 Pandemic Update:
Information & Hotlines
The Coronavirus pandemic has quickly changed life and daily routines for families, students, workers, businesses, and visitors on the West Bank. The board and staff of Cedar Riverside Community Council (CRCC) are working with local partners, particularly Brian Coyle Center, to respond to the unprecedented challenges this crisis has brought to the health and welfare of our community and state.
We appreciate Governor Walz and the State of Minnesota’s thorough response and encourage people to observe the guidance for preparation and prevention to slow the spread of COVID-19 offered at this link to the Minnesota Health Department website.
By following this link, you can access the latest situation updates, and information about schools and child care, businesses and employers, health care, travel, and helpful materials and resources. The information is available in a variety of languages.
You can also call these state hotlines for assistance between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
School and child care questions:
651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504
7 a.m. to 7 p.m
651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
One of our local health care providers, People’s Center, also has information about COVID-19, including the same links to the state Health Department website.
We will post updates to this information as they become available.
For now, these measures have been taken to address the health and safety of all community members, staff, and PUC clients who visit the Coyle Center:
- Coyle Center will be closed for all services from March 18 through April 3.
- Coyle food shelf staff and volunteers will be packing boxes of food to be distributed from the double doors on the northeast corner of the building, closest to the food shelf and loading dock areas. Call the front desk at 612-338-5282 to confirm operations during these regular food shelf hours: Mondays from 12-6 p.m.; Wednesdays and Fridays 12-4 p.m.
- All larger gatherings at Coyle are canceled from March 18 through April 30th
Although Coyle Center and CRCC staff will be out of the building most of the time between now and April 3, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Co-Executive Directors, Bosteya Jama, and Dave Alderson. We will be working remotely from our homes during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, so call or email to let us know how we can help you.
We have faith that Minnesotans will manage this crisis effectively by reaffirming our shared values of mutual aid, support, and respect that bind us together through good times or hard times.
Saturday – March 7th, 2020
Join Us for an Important Meeting!
Sunday, March 29th
We need to hear your voice to help us make important decisions about how to spend neighborhood resources.
Sunday, March 29, 2020 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
in the Brian Coyle Community Center gym
420 15 th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55454
Last spring, Cedar Riverside community members like you helped our board identify priorities for our neighborhood, including safety, strong women and families, youth leadership and opportunities, and tenant education and advocacy.
Now we need your help again so we can direct neighborhood resources to address these priorities through our Equity and Issues committee.
Please join the staff and board of Cedar Riverside Community Council (CRCC) with your family, neighbors, and friends who live in Cedar Riverside, to participate in a discussion and vote on this important process. Your voice makes a difference!
Kuni hawaasa keetti, CRCC waldaaya olaa keetitti fi itti hirmaatuun kee heddu barbachisaa dha!
Tani waa xaafadaada, CRCC waa urur xaafadaada u adeega, kaqeybgalkaagu waa muhiim!
This is your community, CRCC is your neighborhood organization and your participation is important!
Notification Published: Saturday – March 7th, 2020